Monday, March 10, 2008

Day of the Day

Like of the Day: Black Forest Ham

Dislike of the Day: Sal Masekela

Song of the Day: "KIDS" BY MGMT. I had to put it up here one more time. I am obsessed with this song.

Picture of the Day: Most of you, if you have heard her, probably remember Monica Seles for the time in 1993 when she was attacked by a deranged German man named Guther Parche who rushed down from the stands during a changeover and stabbed the young tennis star in the back with a boning knife. When I think of Monica, though, I think of how I used to be obsessed with all sports, how I used to be young and wholesome, and how every year, come summertime, I used to get so excited to watch Wimbledon and see Pete Sampras beat the pants off foreign guys with funny-sounding names like "Goran." I also remember Monica for her deep ground strokes and wild grunts that vaguely resembled those of a silver-back gorilla.
So here you have her, in all of her intently focused glory. Monica Seles: Childhood icon.
p.s. She also kind of looks like a chinchilla here, doesn't she?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

KIDS!!!!!! Jam of the fucking year...