Sunday, July 20, 2008

10 Minutes of Your Life You'll Wish you had Back

(Readers Note: Before reading the following post, scroll down and click to activate the song of the day)

Dear Readers,
This letter will serve as an update of things happening in my life and things that have happened in my life up to this date, July 20, 2008. If you don't care about these happenings or think it extremely arrogant or presumptuous on my part that I would post something like this online--mere happenings in my life--expecting that people care or be "wowed" or--I don't know, anything, please stop reading. If you do want to keep reading, please disregard everything you have read so far, including the sentence that you are currently reading, as everything up to this point makes me sound like a complete emo hippy asshole. Thank you.

I am still unemployed. The job search is not going well. The job search is actually nonexistent. I really am happy with unemployment right now. This is horrible. This might be called apathy. But, I am having the time of my life.
The other day, as I have been meaning to write about but like most things never got around to it, was momentous in that I walked from my house in the Wedgwood/Ravenna area, to Redmond. The journey, which ended at the Bear Creek park and ride, took just over seven hours and consisted of many bloody noses (I have had a cold lately), stopping at Jack 'n the Box to drink large cups of water, and overhearing tidbits of conversation from the many Seattle weekend biking warriors that frequent the Burke-Gilman. The journey more than fulfilling in that I proved to myself that my body could take such large amounts of walking, but not fulfilling in that I sort of ended up in the Redmond Town Center mall at one point drinking a grande Strawberries and Cream at Starbucks while scolding myself for taking a wrong turn at a few minutes back and never making it to the original desired destination of Marymoore Park.
As for the job search, I no longer work at Ivar's (for reasons I'd rather not explain), and I got cold feet the other day when revisiting my former job at University Volkswagen/Audi and told my boss that I thought the best thing for both of us would be for him to think things over, and for me to think things over, and for me to check back in a few days. This was actually completely his idea, but I think he somehow sensed my lack of commitment and acted accordingly. He is remarkably intuitive.
I'm really drawing a blank, folks. I want to communicate in this blog that I have idea how to communicate anything of consequence. There is a can of Rainier beer on my desk right now, and I think that it is the only thing in my room that is doing any real communicating. It is saying, "drink me. Who cares about a job. Who cares about the things right now that you think you should be worrying about. Who cares about the things you are worrying about. Drink me, and go to bed. Don't worry about the fact that I am warm, it will be all the same once I get to your stomach. Just drink me and chill for a sec."
The can of Rainier is wise.
I don't know what to do, friends. You've heard my little quarter-life crisis sob stories before. You know that they're lame and that the next day I always write something about how much of a crybaby I was the night before, and how I should just quit whining about problems that aren't really problems. You're completely right. You always are. I am going to drink the can of Rainier and see if that changes things at all. Hopefully it will balance out the coffee I drank a few hours ago.
Talk to you tomorrow,

Boosh Clown

Song of the Day:
boomp3.com

No comments: