Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Day Without Refined Sugar

Today I tried to go a day without eating refined sugar. It technically started last night after I devfoured a microwaved hot dog loaded with ketchup and mustard and relish, looked at the clock, and said, "OK, go."
Anyway, as I said, I "tried" to go a day without eating refined sugar, but failed. This morning I had plain yoghurt mixed with pure honey, only to find out later via google that technically honey is a "refined suger," insomuch as it is refined in the bellies of the merry bees that make it.
So I failed.
And then I ate a shitload of German pound-cake, enjoyed a hearty grilled-cheese sandwich with plenty of ketchup (ketchup has refined sugar if you're wondering why I keep mentioning it), and washed it all down with a tall glass of lemonade, first ingredient: sugar and high fructose corn syrup.
Livin' the good life.
Wish me luck tomorrow for round two.



-Boosh Clown
Exhibit A: Gooey Culprit


No comments: