Thursday, February 8, 2007

Rabbit: You Will Pay in Droves

I'm at Odegaard on the internet. A few days ago I arrived home from work and absent-mindedly clicked on Aquisition to download "Aun Hay Algo" by Rebelde and was mortified to see that my internet no longer worked. And by my internet I mean the internet I was stealing from a kid named "Timothy" who lives in my building. Timothy has a wireless account named "rabbit" that I had been using without problem since moving in. His Limewire library, "T I m O T h Y' s T u N e S," showed up on my computer. I soon learned that Timothy's has exquisitely bad taste in music(I didn't know people could listen to 3 Doors Down without committing suicide, or Creed without committing triple murders in the name of the "Lord our Jesus"). But like most criminals, I was apprehended due to my own brash, fool hearty attitude. You see, Timmy didn't know I was stealing his wireless, because Timmy couldn't see my library on his computer. Timmy was probably as happy as a three-toed sloth in the rain forest, gleefully chatting away to his big-boned internet girlfriend in Flagstaff while downloading the latest hit track from "Nickelback." Which is why Timmy has to die. Because now I am at Odegaard, and I'm glowing slightly not from the healthy new diet, but because it is at least 87º degrees in here. Anyone who has been at Odegaard for more than a few hours knows that the insanity creeps in like a plague of locusts. First it is northing more than a faint buzzing in the distance. Then, without warning, one finds himself sweating profusely, trudging through a jungle of 4,000 computers, fluorescent lights, red-gray office chairs, and a group of Bio-Chem kids giggling and loudly eating "Bugles." It is no place for rational thought, which is why I must now leave.

Songs of the Day: Le Vent Nous Portera by Noir Desir and Manu Chao, and Veo los Muertos by Arianna Puello

Song of the Day if you don't like gay songs where they don't "talk English": Fuck Forever by Babyshambles

2 comments:

Lílian said...

ayyy tus historias raras!

anonymous said...

What a coincidence. I read that post on stolen internet, I think the person's name is linkys. But I don't get their limewire library.