Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Poorer Parts of Bogotá

As many of you have noticed, my Facebook profile pictures can be, at times, "unorthodox." In fact, you may have wondered where I obtain said pictures, indeed the very question posed to me this morning by a faithful reader of Blog is the New Blog. The question specifically asked, "What do you type in on Google image search to get your pictures?", after which she called me "ridiculous." This is the first time this question has been directly posed, and I upon leaving the internet café to wander the leafy streets of Bogotá I was left pondering the intricacies of such ballyhoo. Also, as some of you may have noticed, my friend Andy, proprietor of the the runaway hit sports blog "Road to the Bunktown," is holding a contest to usher in holiday spirit as well as make fun of people with bad names. I stopped in my tracks and muttered to myself, "Hot damn, I should have a contest too."
So, in the spirit of Bunktown's genius and the desire to keep my own blog "interesting," I bring to you, for lack of a more concise name, the "Guess What Word Mark Typed in on Google Image Search to Get his Facebook Picture" holiday contest extravaganza(GWWMTGIMSGHFB if you're into abbreviations). Each couple of days (non paramilitary kidnapping permitting) I will update my Facebook picture with something off of Google image search (aka exactly the same thing I do everday). Your job is to find which word, or combination of words (I will let you know how many) I typed in to obtain said profile picture. The word must prompt a first page hit, and the first person to post it on my wall wins (please, no guesses (assholes)). Some of them (the current picture) will be rather easy while others (I hope) will be "really fucking hard." For an example, refer to my last Facebook picture, in which I typed "portly" to obtain the somewhat comic representation of a middle-aged man with an unfortunate "beer belly."
The contest starts today with my current picture of a fairly strong looking man with a wicked hair-do. In fact, before I saw this picture, I didn't know it was possible to vomit and laugh at the same time. Anyway, let the games begin! oh! And I forgot to mention the prize. The prize, for the person with the most correct answers by Christmas is......a date with Andy Bunker! Fathers lock up your daughters, it's hunting season!!!
Happy Holidays,
Boosh Clown

Song of the Day: This One's For the Girls by Martina McBride

p.s. I really hope some of you noticed my inappropriate overuse of quotation marks. Take that, Hemingway.

1 comment:

mrandybunker said...

You, my friend, are a literary magician. And the constant shout outs to "Road to the BigTime" are endlessly appreciated. I have a proposition for you, and this time it doesn't involve my asshole. Holler at me.