Sunday, March 2, 2008

To Marry an Equestrian

So I didn't put up a blog yesterday and for that I am sorry. I was too busy running amok in this "island paradise:" confused, lost in a sea of red and white flags, and nursing a strange desire to return to a land of reason and justice. I fled deeper and deeper into the woods, hoping that somehow a spattering of solitude amongst immense Douglas Firs and Noble Spruces would lead to a restoration of sanity. But there was none. The moral of the story is that I let you down, faithful reader. I vowed a few days ago to start posting blogs daily, and I have failed. It will not happen again.
Today I have posted two blogs.
Better late than never.

Appetite for (Self) Destruction


I am about as good at drinking in moderation as Britney Spears is at keeping her face out of the tabloids: horrible. Today I went to the liquor store. I perused up and down the aisles for about a half hour, carefully checking the various beers for their alcohol percentages, price per milliliter; seeing if any beer in particular jumped out at me. The plan was to drink in moderation: hang out with some friends, have a few beers, not get too crazy, be in bed by a decent hour. I searched up and down and tried to decipher all the tricky names: Grolsch, Corona, Pilsner, Kokanee, etc. I looked long and hard for something "mellow," something to "chill" with, nothing too high in alcohol, only to walk out of the store a time later with a dazed look on my face and gross quantities of a fiendish little 9% number that calls itself, "La Fin du Monde (The End of the World). Good one, Mark. You planned on drinking in moderation and ended up with a beer that touts itself as the harbinger of the alcoholic apocalypse. You know that saying, "Today is the first day of the rest of my life"? Well, as I am certainly wont to say right now: How about we push that back till "Tomorrow"?

Happy March,

Boosh Clown

Like of the Day: Meerkat Manor

Dislike of the Day: Polish Dog

Song of the Day: "21st Century Schizoid Man" by King Crimson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

La Fin Du Monde is great: it gets you trashed like JOOSED, but can keep you looking somewhat classy and prevents embarrassing your friends...for a little while anyway.