Monday, May 19, 2008

The Moops

Only 22 hours left to vote on Blog is the New Blog's latest poll, "Does Mark have the balls/ovaries to delete his Facebook account?" Interestingly enough (see: sadly enough), not a single person has voted "Yes" so far. People either think that A) I don't have the balls, or probably more likely B) Not only do I not have the balls, even if I did have the balls I would never delete my Facebook account because I adore it.

Either way you're all a bunch of haters.

In other news, Blog is the New Blog embarks on a trip in two days. The destination? Ohio.
The last time I was in Ohio it was Christmas and I remember a particular episode where I was struck by the bleakness of some frozen cornfields and kind of wanted to cry.

Let's hope spirits are a little higher this time around.

Blog is the New Blog finally got to hang out with some its favorite homeys recently. On Saturday my buddy Barry and I drank 24 oz. cans of Pabst on a side street in Capitol Hill before going to the quad at Seattle University to watch Common Market perform. Before that night I had never heard of Common Market, supposedly a group similar to Blue Scholars. Let's just say I still wish I had never heard of Common Market.
Actually, the rapping wasn't all that bad. The worst part was watching a bunch of Jesuit kids pump their fists in the air to music they probably didn't like. Blog is the New Blog also saw a hippie couple doing some new-age, "just like, feel the vibes of the music, man" dancing. The female contingent was wearing a Camelbak and looked like she had just ingested some sort of trance-inducing drug.

The world is going to hell in a hand basket.

In other news, I was just looking at the 2007 Weblog Awards because I wanted to see what blog won "Funniest Blog," but it didn't turn out to be all that funny so I decided to check out the "Best Culture Blog" thinking it would be cool stuff regarding - uh - culture. But it wasn't. It wasn't at all. The best culture blog turns out to be a site called "The Cool Hunter," and it basically just has a bunch of pictures of fancy houses and shoes1.

Finally, Blog is the New Blog regrets to announce that the bike trip from Ohio to Quebec that I spoken so fervently of will not be happening for health-related reasons (see: I am unhealthy). Please feel free to comment with your words of consolation or the semi-obligatory "I told you so" (you can comment anonymously).

We're still bikin', though, just not as far. Today I rode about eight miles in honor of Eminem2 and had a lot more fun because my achilles wasn't crying and I actually felt like I could prudently take the liberty of riding while standing up (I didn't do it in the past because it was a bit hard on the achilles).

Also, last but certainly not least, take a chance to read Chuck Klosterman's article about British handball and other things in the new edition of "Esquire." It's quite funny.

Summer is almost here!

-Boosh Clown


1Which, I suppose, pretty much hits "American culture" on the head.

2Just kidding.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi mark. i'm sarah from the other blog is the new blog - i like your bitnb too! we should totally be friends! i'm not exactly sure how we can make this happen but we're both geniuses so i'm sure we can figure it out (at the very least we can be facebook friends).

Anonymous said...

moops & wooks

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the ride amigo, sounded like it was going to be a helluva time...Barry is a bitch. And Klosterman is brilliant.