Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Much Menace


I'm trying to figure out where I am going to go see the new Batman movie on Thursday night and just noticed that the film is rated PG-13 for "intense sequences of violence and some menace." Some menace? What does that even mean? Since when does one quantify menace? Does this mean that there is someone out there whose job it is to keep track of menace amounts? What century is this that people still use the word "menace," anyway? Did Paul Revere review this movie?

Anyway, regardless of menace quantities, the movie should be pretty awesome. And despite soaring ticket prices and the fact that you have to pay a surcharge if you want to buy said tickets online, I still plan to go midnight this Thursday. The only question left is: What theater? Cinerama is sold out unless you want to go at 3:30AM, the Neptune is semi-close to my house but I don't really want to stand across from Key Bank for an hour waiting to get in just to get a Staph infection from one of the balcony seats.
And I also don't want to go downtown, because I don't really like downtown. So I guess the answer is Ballard. Ballard is pretty nice (though you do have to ride the 44 to get there), the theater is quite expansive, and its fairly new and clean. Ballard it is, then. Alright.
I'm glad we had this talk.

-Boosh Clown

P.S. Maybe Heath Ledger is not deceased. Maybe he just lives with Tupac. Your thoughts?

No comments: