Sunday, July 6, 2008

So Hot

Yesterday my roommate Dan was reading my Young Dro blog from a few months back and remarked, "Hey, this reminds me of an article I read in the Village Voice awhile ago about the song, 'This is Why I'm Hot.' Have you read it?" I intimated that I had not and then went and searched for it online. It was written by Rob Harvilla in March of 2007 when the song by rapper "Mims" was big and is absolutely hilarious. It has Venn diagrams, flow charts, and my favorite line in which Harvilla describes the lyric, "I'm hot 'cause I'm fly/You ain't 'cause you not," as "Brutal and unassailable in its simplicity." So awesome.
Anyway check it out here and get a taste of a what a true dissertation on a popular rap song is supposed to read like. And then download the song and listen to Mims, Bay Area role model.

-Boosh Clown

No comments: