Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mein Mutter ist Mein Herz

What do you get when you combine 5 Turkish girls, 1 Turkish guy, 1 Polish girl, and 1 unshaven American boy? Why, you get the members of my Beginning German class, of course. Thats right folks, its a multicultural world, and it doesnt get any more multicultulural than the German curses at the Fachhochschule in Ludwigshafen, Germany. Weve got Poles, Turks, Bulgarians, Spaniards, Lithuanians, Dutch, Russians, and a Bulgarian kid who was raised in Turkey. Im never heard so much Turkish in my goddamn life. So far the only thing Ive learned how to say in Turkish is, "My name is Mark," and "Im freezing" (its quite cold here in Ludwigshafen). Today we went on a bus tour of the city and hopefully this Saturday well be going to Heidelburg, a University town that boasts scenic streets and a formidable castle.

German, for those of you who have never studied it, is one difficult language. I mean, people say "Oh its a lot like English" but thats kind of like saying that Spanish is a lot like Latin. Which, if youve studied both Spanish and Latin (which I havent) you know is a ridiculous statement. German is fucking hard. In German instead of saying "I want to speak English" you say "I want in English to speak." But thats just the tip of the iceberg. Then youve got cases, which are something I cant even attempt to explain as I have no idea what in hell they are. The moral of the story is this: English is rad, and, We should all move to Texas. Ignorance is bliss....

So anyway, thats a little update on the goings on here in the hinterlands. Once again if you are in these parts and want to meet up just send me a little message. We can go to France and eat hella cheap brie, or something. (Actually, the brie in Germany is hella cheap as well. A euro 15 for a huge wedge. Damn, doo!)

-Boosh Clown

No comments: