Saturday, September 20, 2008

Partei in Deutschland!

Boosh Clown is in Germany!!! Zee Germans!!!! I'm sitting on the couch I'm currently surfing drinking a Jever and wondering what the 80's party I'm going to tonight is going to be like. 80's party in Germany? I'm kind of scared/really scared. Hopefully the Jever will kick in soon and I wont be worried about shaking my hips to German techno.

Last night I went to a bar and everyone was drinking Beck's, and today I went on a tour that was conducted entirely in German. I don't speak German. I know how to say, "My name is Mark," "How much does this cost?" and "I shit my pants," but I don't understand any of the responses.

Tomorrow I am off to Ludwigshafen to do a week-long language course and try to get my head wrapped around this barbaric tongue. Then it's more traveling through Germany, the Czech Republic, Poland and eventually a flight to Scotland where I will drink low-grade beer and attempt not to wake up in a ditch.

I think the Jever is kicking in. This is a good thing because before I started drinking beer I was really jittery from some coffee I drank earlier. I don't drink coffee, and when I do, I turn into a madman. I start talking 100 words a minute making non-sensical remarks about topics I am not well versed in until someone tells me to shut up. Tonight I talked for a good four minutes about the song "Everything I Do" by Bryan Adams before I finally started shaking and had to leave the room.

Hope all is well in the motherland! Is this the motherland?

-Boosh Clown

P.S. Oh and I'm also listening to "Just Dance" by Lady Gaga. Just thought you should know...

No comments: