Thursday, March 6, 2008

Interview With the Vampire


I have been wanting to do an interview here on BLOG IS THE NEW BLOG for a long time, and from the moment this desire took root in my brain I knew who would be the man for the job. Unfortunately, between snowboarding, beer drinking, employment obligations, and what he referred to in a recent email as "sex," he has had no time for his old pal here at Boosh Clown.

Until today.

Ladies and gentleman, I bring you BLOG IS THE NEW BLOG's first ever interview. At just 23 tender years of age, this lanky lover first graced the pages of Boosh Clown a few months ago when we did our "Species Profile" section. His first name is Barry, and though for anonymity reasons he doesn't want me to disclose his last, let's just say that it rhymes with "Trevig." He is a man among boys. A legend among heroes. Monsieurs et mesdames, without further adieu, I bring you the "Skittle King" himself...

Damn, doug! What do you think of Boosh Clown's first ever "Interview Blog"? You pretty stoked?


(Barry is Silent)

I heard you were recently doing a 14-city US road trip to help put on snowboarding rail jam contests? How was that? Hotties?

Things were good and crazy. Met a lot of cool people and... hotties?? Those stories aren't for children.

What is your favorite place in the world?
I would say the best place in the world is to be snowboarding with friends or drinking a few beers with family and friends. No better times than the party train that is Mark Wetzler. ps. I heard you're coming home now, yeah?? Does this mean I should start looking for bunk beds?

Beach bum or mountain bum for the rest of your life?

Couch surfing fatty. Mountain bum!

What kind of character quality in a girl will make you say, "wow, this chick is completely unappealing," when you first meet her?
If she thinks the grape flavored Skittle leaves a bad aftertaste, I would consider her very ignorant and not qualified to be my friend.
On a serious note: A girl that lacks brain cells. I found a perfect example of this last night, by the way. She had a total of 3 brain cells: One to pee, one to poop, and one to control eye movement. B. Sev likes a girl that's witty, unique and has eyes to kill. I would say I found this chick extremely unappealing after joking around with her and getting no response: not even a wink or a smile, after telling what I thought was one of the best punch lines for the scenario.

And what will make you say, "holy shit this girl is bomb"?
See above? A girl that has the first words, flourishes with a unique personality and eyes to kill.

After the aforementioned road trip, what's the next step for Barry?
Possibly work. Possibly South America. That is my dilemma. I can't have a career and take 3 months off to travel South. But to travel South it's a little hard to take 3 months off and have a salaried job. What's your vote?

If you could still be at UW right now, would you? Why or why not?

No. Four glory years is the perfect amount of time. You don't want to over do it.

I rarely see you get angry. What makes B. Sev rage?
People stealing my Skittles. Smooshing my Starburst.... just kidding. Things that get me ticking. I would say when heads start talkin' mess about myself or my posse. Nothing beats disrespect.

OK, final question: I noticed that in the last month or two your Facebook status changed from being "Engaged" with one person to being in a relationship with someone entirely different. What happened with that?"

My life partner moved to Canada. Another country far far away from me.... I had to do it.

OK I lied, there's one more question. When are you coming to visit me in Victoria?
Right now I am in no financial state to come to Victoria. Well, maybe. I'll think about it, bra. The snow is going to be good this weekend so no chance. But maybe next week. I fly by the seat of my pants!

-Boosh Clown

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best interview ever...