Sunday, April 20, 2008

I am so chuffed that Fred Durst is no longer the header photo here at Blog is the New Blog. It was definitely deterring new visitors. I am even going to delete the picture from computer altogether because I am convinced that having a picture of Fred Durst on my hard drive can only bring bad luck. I would not want my cute little white MacBook to be involved in some kind of sordid Britney Spears sex scandal. Oops, I did it again. I played with your heart. Got lost in the game. The "let's not lose our minds" game, Britney?

Anyway, as some of you might know, I used to be completely obsessed with skateboarding, and probably still would be if not for my right achilles tendon. One of my favorite skate shoes and skateboarding teams was always éS , and the following commercial showcases the éS team at their finest, right around when their acclaimed skateboarding video "Menikmati" came out: Arto was ridiculously strapping (minute 0:17), Rodrigo was a punk kid from Brazil who could barely speak English, and Eric Koston was just starting his reign as the Emperor of Southern California (a title conferred by me). The song is totally rad too. It's "Flat Beat," by Mr. Oizo. You probably recognize the little yellow stuffed animal from the music video.

Hope everyone's spring is warmer than it is up here in Victoria!

-Boosh Clown

P.S. Special shout-out to my sister Lynn and her friend Erin, who are both running the 112th Annual Boston Marathon tomorrow. This is no small feat folks. 26.2 miles. Think about that the next time you're running after the bus, wheezing and about to cough up blood.
Good luck, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man....Menikmait was so great.

Fully Flared????
Opening segment was like watching Blackhawk Down.

anonymous said...

I don't know about those guys, but you should check out Ryan Sheckler. He is the illest. In my opinion, he is probably the greatest skater ever ever. Better than any French bastard you could come up with for sure. And he uses the same facial products as puffy, which it the coolest. Way cooler than koston