Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Garmin-Chipotle

Back in Seattle. As usual, the Quick Shuttle was amazing. Paying $25 extra to take my bike on, though, wasn't.
Today I am going to ride to Marymoore Park in Redmond and back, about 42 miles. The good thing about the Vancouver trip is that it gave me a lot more confidence. Before, I would've thought about a trip to Redmond and back and said: "Well, I might be pushing myself (see: the Achilles) a little hard. I'm not sure I should do it." But now, after riding from Arlington to Surrey in a day I think, "Fuck Redmond. No problem. I could do it twice today if I needed to."
(Readers' note: I promise I do not sit around in my room by myself angrily saying, "Fuck Redmond," under my breath).
The weather in Seattle right now is semi-dismal. I think it might be drizzling outside and the roads are definitely wet and it's definitely cold. However, I can take solace in the fact that not only will I be doing a sweet bike ride today, but I will be eating Chipotle when I get back. For all you haters out there, Chipotle is amazing. And, contrary to popular belief, it is not owned by McDonald's, so all you neo-hippie assholes who weren't eating there just because you didn't want to metaphorically make out with Ronald now can. My question remains, however: What difference would it make if it was owned by McDonald's? It's completely different food. It's not as if they're taking Big Macs and wrapping them in tortillas. They're not putting two-for-one apple pies in the burrito bol. Quit bitching about "evil corporations" and "fast food" and give it a try.

Sincerely,

Boosh Clown

No comments: