Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Rainier....Beer

Well, just hanging out at my house in Seattle, and thought I'd drop in and say "hi." I found some new Ladytron tracks (new to me) tonight and am thoroughly enjoying myself as I sit here on the couch drinking a Rainier beer and listening to the song "Discotrax" (scroll down to listen). Today I finally climbed a big hill by my house on my bicycle that I have been wanting to climb for awhile. It is a hill that rises up from Sand Point on 70th St. and goes up to the top of View Ridge. It was grueling. That's about all I can say. I think it is the hardest hill I have ever climbed in my life, which isn't saying a whole lot, but afterwards I felt like I was going to cough up blood for about a half hour. This may mean that I am out of shape. Climbing the hill confirmed something I kind of figured out the other day, though, after I blogged about how I was riding to Redmond and back, 43 miles, and how it was "no problem." I realized after the ride that any asshole with a bike can ride 40 miles in a day, or even 100 miles in a day, as long as it's flat and they're not going that fast. But when it gets hilly or when you really start pushing yourself, that's a different story. If I had to do 43 miles of the kind of hills like the one I climbed today on 70th I would surely perish. Literally fall to the ground and die.
But anyway, back to my Rainier...

Boosh Clown

LADYTRON!!!!!!!!
boomp3.com

No comments: